Remove And Install Track Roller Frames
a. separation of tracks
1. Remove four guard assemblies (1), (2), (3) and (4).
2. Put tool (A) in position under the front of the track roller frame as shown. Lift the front of the track roller frame until the equalizer bar is not in contact with any part in the support assembly for the front track carrier roller.
3. Fasten a hoist to track carrier roller (5). Remove four bolts (6). Remove the track carrier roller and support assembly as a unit. The weight of the unit is 63 kg (140 lb).
4. Fasten a hoist to tool (B). Fasten tool (B) to the track roller frame as shown. Fasten tool (C) to tool (B) and the diagonal brace assembly of the track roller frame. Tool (C) will be used to keep the roller frame level if necessary.
5. Remove four bolts (8) from the diagonal brace. Remove cap (7).
6. Remove two bolts (9) and cap (10).
7. Remove the track roller fame from the machine. The weight of the track roller frame is 1310 kg (2900 lb).
8. Remove shells (11) from the diagonal brace on the track roller frame and the cap for the track roller frame.
9. Check the condition of dowels (12). If the dowels have too much wear, use new parts for replacement.
NOTE: The following steps are for the installation of the track roller frames.
10. Put 1P808 General Purpose Lubricant on shells (11). Install the shells in the diagonal brace and cap.
11. Fasten tooling (B) and (C) to the track roller frame. Put the track roller frame in position on the machine. Install the cap for the diagonal brace above the sprocket shaft.
12. Put cap (10) in position over the holder. Install the two bolts and washers that hold the cap in position.
13. Install four bolts and washers (8) that hold the diagonal brace of the track roller frame and cap (7).
14. Lift the front of the track roller frame with tool (A) until the front carrier roller and support can be installed.
15. Fasten a hoist to the front track carrier roller and support. Put the unit in position on the track roller frame and install the four bolts and washers that hold it.
16. Install the guard assemblies over the track roller frame.
17. After the track is installed, check the alignment of the track roller frames. See, Alignment of Track Roller Frames, in Specifications.
a. connection of tracks