Personal injury can result from contact with refrigerant.
This system is under pressure at all times, even if the engine is not running. Heat should never be applied to a charged system.
Contact with refrigerant can cause frost bite. Keep face and hands away to help prevent injury.
Protective goggles must always be worn when refrigerant lines are opened, even if the gauges indicate the system is empty of refrigerant.
Always use caution when a fitting is removed. Slowly loosen the fitting. If the system is still under pressure, evacuate the system recovering the refrigerant before removing the fitting.
Personal injury or death can result from inhaling refrigerant through a lit cigarette.
Inhaling air conditioner refrigerant gas through a lit cigarette or other smoking method or inhaling fumes released from a flame contacting air conditioner refrigerant gas, can cause bodily harm or death.
Do not smoke when servicing air conditioners or wherever refrigerant gas may be present.
Before any checks of the air conditioning and heating system are made, move the machine to a smooth horizontal surface. Lower all implements to the ground. Make sure the transmission is in neutral or park and that the parking brake is engaged. Keep all other personnel away from the machine or where they can be seen.
Before any problem solving procedures are performed, read the manual for the heating and air conditioning system. Make a visual inspection of the complete air conditioning and heating system.
- All charging and leak testing must be done in a well ventilated area.
- Avoid any physical contact with refrigerant. Contact can cause frostbite.
- Always wear goggles when you are working on or testing any part of the air conditioning system.
- Place a clean cap or place a clean plug over any valve or any connection that is opened.
- Never weld any charged components.
- Never solder any charged components.
- Never steam clean any charged components.
- Do not smoke when you recover the refrigerant or when you recycle the refrigerant.
- Do not smoke when you charge the system.
- Do not smoke when you perform a leak test on the system.
- Do not smoke when you flush the system.
- Do not leave refrigerant drums exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not carry refrigerant drums into the passenger compartment of the machine.