Remove Water Temperature Regulator
NOTE: The hood is removed for better photo illustration of the removal of the water temperature regulator.
1. Drain the coolant from the cooling system until the level is below the cylinder head.
2. Loosen two clamps (2). Slide hose (3) up on inlet elbow (1).
3. Remove bolts (5) and elbow (4). Remove the regulator from the cylinder head. Check the condition of the gasket for elbow (4). If the gasket has damage, use a new part for replacement.
Install Water Temperature Regulator
1. Install regulator (1) in the cylinder head.
2. Install a new gasket (5) and elbow (4). Install the four bolts that hold the elbow to the cylinder head.
3. Slide hose (3) on elbow (4) and tighten two clamps (2).
4. Fill the cooling system with coolant to the correct level. See Maintenance Guide.