Disassemble Rocker Shaft (Earlier)
a) remove rocker shaft and push rods
1. Remove ring, washer and spring (1).
2. Remove rocker (2), bracket (3), rocker (4), washer (5) and spring (6).
3. Disassemble the remainder of the rocker shaft the same way.
4. Check the bore in the bearings for the rockers. The diameter with new bearings must be .7263 ± .0005 in. (18.448 ± 0.013 mm). The maximum permissible clearance between the shaft and bearings (worn) must not be more than .008 in. (0.20 mm).
5. Check the condition of the plugs in the ends of the rocker shaft. If the plugs have damage use new parts for replacement. Plugs that have damage can cause loss of oil pressure.
Assemble Rocker Shaft (Earlier)
1. Install ring, washer and spring (4).
2. Install rocker (6), bracket (3), rocker (5), washer (2) and spring (1).
3. Assemble the remainder of the rocker shaft the same way. Put clean engine oil on all of the parts after the rocker shaft is assembled.
a) install rocker shaft assembly and push rods