Remove Accessory Drive Housing And Shaft
a) remove timing gear cover
b) remove fuel injection pump housing and governor
c) remove fuel transfer pump
1. Remove accessory drive gear nut (2) and washer(1).
2. Remove accessory drive gear with tooling (A).
Hold puller with hand to prevent injury when gear is removed from the shaft. Unexpected movement of the gear can occur.
3. Remove drive gear (3) and sleeve (4).
4. Remove the fuel drain line (5).
5. Remove bolts (6), washers and retainer (7).
6. Remove accessory drive housing and shaft as a unit. Weight of unit is 18 kg (40 lb.)
7. Remove shaft from accessory drive housing. Remove bearing (8) from shaft with tool (B).
Install Accessory Drive Housing And Shaft
1. Heat the bearing for the accessory drive shaft in oil to a maximum temperature of 149°C (300°F) and install the bearing on the shaft.
2. Install the accessory drive shaft (1) and bearing as a unit into the housing.
3. Install the accessory drive housing.
4. Install the retainer, washer and bolts on the accessory drive shaft.
5. Turn the accessory drive shaft until tooling (A) can be installed.
6. Install the sleeve for the accessory drive shaft and drive gear (3). Install the conical washer so the outer edge makes contact on the gear first. Install finger tight.
7. Connect the fuel drain line and install the oil drain line.
a) install fuel transfer pump
b) install fuel injection pump housing and governor
c) For fuel injection pump timing procedure see CHECKING TIMING WITH TIMING PIN METHOD – SCROLL FUEL SYSTEM – D.I. in TESTING AND ADJUSTING Form No. SENR2226. Use tool (B) to hold torque on the accessory drive gear.
d) install timing gear cover.