Remove Fuel Injection Nozzles
a) remove fuel injection lines
1. Remove clamp assemblies (1) and the spacers from two nozzle assemblies (2) that are next to each other.
2. Install tooling (A) between nozzle assemblies (2) as shown. Tighten nut (3) of tooling (A) until nozzle assembly (2) becomes loose in the nozzle bore.
3. Remove tooling (A) and nozzle assembly (2) from the engine.
4. Remove the carbon seal dam and compression washer from the nozzle assembly.
5. Do Steps 1 through 4 for the other five nozzle assemblies.
NOTE: For disassembly and assembly and adjustment and cleaning of fuel nozzles, see SENR2058.
Install Fuel Injection Nozzles
Before the fuel injection nozzles are installed, check for fuel leakage, the pressure at which the injection nozzle opens and the amount of fuel (spray pattern) that comes out of the nozzle with tool (A). See Form No. SEHS7292-02.
1. Install a new compression washer (1) on the nozzle. Install a new carbon seal dam (2) with tool (B).
NOTE: Do not put lubricant on the nozzle assembly or in the nozzle bore.
2. Make sure the nozzle bore in the cylinder head is clean and put nozzle assembly (3) in position. Push and turn the nozzle assembly into its correct position and install the spacer and clamp assembly to hold the nozzle assembly.
3. Do Steps 1 and 2 for the other five nozzle assemblies.
a) install fuel injection lines.